Friday, February 20, 2009

Because Tanzania Awaits

I leave tomorrow. I can hardly believe the time has come. My prayer for the past 2 weeks has been that God will give me eyes like His to see this land and His people the way He sees them. I've also been praying for a heart like His so that I can love (those on my tour and those I meet in Tanzania) the way He loves them. I've been listening to a song whose chorus has been my prayer:


Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

Brandon Heath Lyrics - Give Me Your Eyes

Please continue to join me in praying (praying my luggage isn't over weight too...I have so much I want to bring for them).

I hope to have some stories to share when I return of how God gave me His eyes and heart for Tanzania.

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Carmen,

Praying for safe travel and an amazing time in Tanzania!

Karyn said...

I hope you have a wonderful, God-filled trip. I will definitely be praying for you!