Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Peds

This week is busy so enjoying my birthday and the first few days of being 30 has been in the midst of lots of other things and maybe not received the excitement it should have. I'm known by some as an aloof person though so maybe it just looks like normal me to them.

I did do some fun and relaxing things this past weekend leading up to my birthday, one of which being my first pedicure of the 2010 summer season. I picked out a blue glittery color since I had on blue flip flops and a blue shirt...why not? My friend Karyn was with me and she picked a sort of orange-red color (I think)...I know it was also a color that matched her flip flops. We sat on the leather waiting, drying sofa and I started to roll my jeans up. Not quite in summer mode and showering at the gym a lot I realized that I hadn't shaved recently. I was thankful (as I have been on many other occasions) that I have soft, very light colored hair on my legs and unless you are touching my legs or have your face very close to them...you wouldn't notice.

Well pedicures involve a lot of touching of the legs and faces close to them. I was a little embarrassed and then I thought "I'm sure they have seen and touched worse". So I didn't dwell on it.

We soaked our feet in very hot water. I flipped through an old fashion magazine and the process began. I LOVE getting pedicures so I settled into the massage chair and tried to relax. As my pedicurist pulled my first foot out of the water to take off the nail polish that I came in with, Karyn's pedicurist looked at my leg, said something in his language (not English) and laughed. I leaned over to Karyn, hiding my face with the magazine and said "he just told her how gross my hairy legs are and how happy he is he's not my pedicurist)...or something to that effect. She tried to brush it off but for the entire rest of my pedicure I swear they were talking about my gross legs and my calloused heals (she had to use a razor which they don't get out for everyone). I think I finally relaxed with Karyn's pedicurist finished hers early and went away. The color turned out somewhat purple but my feet felt fabulous.

All of the nail shops I go to (3) in Colorado Springs are run by Asians. They are EXCELLENT at their job and it only costs $20...but it always bothers me when I can't understand what they are saying and I'm absolutely sure they are talking about me. How vain am I to think they are just sitting there talking about my legs and feet? But I know they are...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still don't think they were talking about your legs. He was probably telling her he was going to keep tickling my feet because he thought it was just hilarious. IT WASN'T! I really hate being tickled by my own husband, let alone some stranger!