Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Because the Biggest Loser is NOT Real

Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Biggest Loser...it is very motivating, but it's not real and sometimes it makes me feel bad about myself. Ridiculous. I've done a great job (not every day...but overall) and I should not feel bad about what I have accomplished but watching them lose 6, 7 or 9 pounds in just one week makes me feel a little disappointed in my hard work to just maintain this week.


What I mean by 'not real' is that the contestents have 8 plus hours a day for just working out and I'm guessing there aren't a lot of baked goods in their kitchen or chocolate on their neighbors desk (just a few of the temptations I face daily). What I mean by 'not real' is that they have 24 hour support from those around them and really nothing else to 'worry' about but losing weight.

I still love watching...it's still motivating, and a little self-attitude check and I'm back to cheering myself on and slowly plugging away at my goals. I bought jeans in a regular store this weekend. I don't remember the last time I did that...


Here's my pick for winner...one more week to the finale.




No comments: