Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Because it's a new year

9 for 2009...that's the name of the kick start, life change, 12-week program that my training studio is putting on. It's 9 people: reading this book, putting the concepts into action, working out, getting enough rest, and rejuvenating our spiritual lives. It's mostly an on-line accountability group but I'm really looking forward to what this will do to 'kick start' the year. I did okay over Christmas and New Years but since being home, it has been hard to get back to my good habits, good choices, strong-self. Well, this will help me get back.

Just so you can help keep me accountable too...here's my goals for the next 12 weeks:
  • run a 5K (actually run the whole thing)
  • lose 18 pounds
  • write in my food journal every day except when I'm out of the country
  • journal my journey 4 times a week (either on paper with pen or here)

Here we go!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Carmen. This is great!
What 5K are you going to run? I might be interested in joining you ...

Carmen said...

That would be great. There is one in March (St. Patrick's Day) or one in April. I'm thinking I might not be ready for March...but we'll see.