Sunday, April 12, 2009

Because He Has Risen!

Today marks a pivotal day in Jesus' life. He fulfilled his promise and the teachings of the profits, He changed what the people thought of Him, He conquered sin, death and hell by defeating Satan and rising from the dead 3 days after His crucifixion. He did it to save His people (who believe in Him) from not having to experience hell...and He did it for Me and for You because that is what Agape Love is.

This morning as I peered out the front window to yet another snow storm...




My first thought was a line from the hymn "Nothing But the Blood" of how Jesus' blood washes us white as snow. Clensed from the stains that sin leaves by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. What a beautiful reminder, Jesus! Thank you Lord for having that kind of Love for mankind.


Nothing But the Blood
by Robert Lowry

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.


2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sharing your sentiments on this Easter day - love & miss you! Becky

Amanda said...

You're a much better person than I am, Carmen. My thought upon seeing MORE snow would have been MUCH more negative :)