Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Because Sometimes I Feel Invisable

Invisible, insignificant, inconsequential, irrelevant...I know they all mean close to the same thing but I just kept going because they all start with 'i' and because I might use all of them to describe how I feel about myself at times.

This is not a pity party so don't feel like you have to 'cheer' me up (although I always love being encouraged)...this is just a fact of life and I think we all feel like this at some point or another, even if our life is going awesome.

Well I've been feeling this feeling a little more than usual this week and I think it's because certain things in my life are passing me by and people don't notice me or think of me when I think they should be. It's because I have hit a lull in certain areas of my life and the part of me that needs to be recognized is being stifled by the part of me that doesn't care anymore. Sorry to be so vague but who knows who reads this and I should probably keep things a little ambiguous.

When I talk to God about this, He brings the normal verses to mind about His sufficient grace (2 Corinthians 12:9) and knowing all the hairs on my head (Matt 10:29-31)...that sadly enough only partially comfort me. I spoke of hope last week and look how quickly I've switched from feeling hopeful about my life and my circumstances to feeling all the 'i' words I mentioned above. I don't think I'll wallow in this place for long, but somehow it's where I am today. Maybe tomorrow will bring a new revelation from the Lord...

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love that you're being so real, Carmen. It's crazy how quickly and drastically our outlook can change. Keep being real. Keep sharing.

Blonde Dutch Girl said...

Hi my friend. I don't think you're any of those "i" words. But, I know the feeling sometimes. Romans 12:15 - "Rejoice with them that rejoice, and weep with them that weep." So...weep with me if you need. I'm here for you.