Monday, July 13, 2009

House Update

Earlier today, I was ready to put in an offer on a house (no fool'in).

It is a unique (unique as it can be in a cookie cutter, built after 2000, housing development) and looked like it was brand new. It was actually built in 2003. It isn't necessarily in the area of town I thought I wanted to be but it's close to my aunt and uncle and since the rest of my family lives over 700 miles away...it is likely I'd be calling my aunt and uncle to help me out from time to time, so why not make it a bit easier for them.

Within the last week I switched from thinking I could only go for a condo or townhouse to being open to a single family home to finding one I loved and could actually see myself living in to finding out it had 3 offers before me (not the only person who could see myself living there I guess) and went under contract this morning. Did I mention this house buying thing is a roller coaster?

I see this as one of the ways God can speak to me through this process though. Unless the Lord picks my house, I pick in vain (adapted slightly from Psalm 127:1).

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Man- I know exactly where you are at. We had 5 houses that we were considering making an offer on. We went out of town for 3 days on a holiday weekend, came back, and 4 out of the 5 were under contract. Luckily, we got that fifth one and we looked at it as God's little way of telling us that that was surely the house. I will be praying for you. I know how frustrating all this stress and house buying stuff is.