Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Chocolate Nemesis

If you have read posts on this blog before it is not a secret that I'm working on developing better fitness and nutrition with the hope that weight loss would be the outcome. Not in a vain I'll never be pretty till I lose [insert number here] pounds kind of way but in a I want to be a healthy and active adult so as I age I continue to be healthy and active kind of way.

As much as I try to conquer the hold that chocolate and sugar has on me...it's winning. There's one desk in particular that ALWAYS has the chocolate I like and let's just say I don't take one piece per day, let's say some days I take 5 pieces (or more). I never feel good about myself on those days and maybe that's why I do it. The sad part is that I of course want to hide my inability to control myself around chocolate so I only take pieces when this employee is away from their desk and then I quickly eat it at my desk and get rid of the evidence. I'm well aware that this is problem and maybe even a disorder but I have no idea how to 'stop the insanity'.

I value the suggestions I get from friends and family and the information I read in magazines and on-line around this issue (it's not unique to me). But recently I was introduced to an on-line study that portrays overeating (and eating in secret) as a spiritual issue. I'm on day 9 of the 60 day study and I'm starting to think it really is a spiritual issue. Even though, I'm not yet certain whether completing the study will help me conquer this nemesis...I'm still hopeful.

No comments: