Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Decided

A townhome, on the east side, with a two car attached garage, in a gated community.

I made an offer but the home is a short-sale and I will likely hear nothing for 30-60 days. Being a 'short' sale does not mean things will move quickly (I originally thought that is what the short part of that meant). Short sale means the bank will be losing money. In my case the lower listing price (and what the bank has said they will take for this house) is why I can afford the place.

I mulled over the whole having a yard thing vs. paying a huge monthly HOA payment and as I thought about what I'm passionate about, what energizes me, what I currently love to spend time doing...none of it came back as 'yard work'. Huge monthly HOA it is then.

I love this townhome and I hope it will be mine but I'm well aware that I might possibly wait 2 months for the bank to tell me 'no'. If that is the case then I will move on and trust that God has something else in store.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

*carrie* said...

*keep us posted--so exciting!

*look forward to seeing you soon

Becky said...

Cool! Where is it??

Carmen said...

Woodmen and Austin Bluffs