Thursday, January 14, 2010

God is Faithful

I'm sad this week in light of the event in Haiti...but I also believe that God is a God of miracles. We may not get to hear those as much as we'll hear the heart break and pain and some we may never know but He is faithful and He is love.

In our sadness we must still find a way to hope and trust Him. Cry out to Him on behalf of your brothers and sisters in Haiti.

If you're look'in for a way to contribute I have one suggestion:




On a separate note, thanks for your support as I seek change in my weight and health habits...that's what will help me succeed.

Weight Today: Still 230

Bad Food Choices: Yesterday I had an incredible day until I got to youth group and someone had made no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. I love them. I need to figure out how to be in a room with food I love and not get out of control.

Good Food Choices: Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all nutritious yesterday and I drank tons of water.

Activity: Not so much.

Emotional step: Writing in my journal.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I went to a girls movie night last night and there were sooo many sweets out on the counter! And homemade super rich hot chocolate. It was SOOOOOOOOOOo hard to not eat that stuff. I couldn't even pay attention to the movie b/c the food kept calling. This road is not an easy one!! I just kept chugging water..which led to many bathroom breaks. haha

Good job on your progress!

My brother and his wife are going to Haiti on a mission trip in April.. the site they have for help is: http://heartlineministries.org/default.aspx

You can visit my blog for more information from my sil that speaks of things they are hearing from Haiti. www.saritaconchita.blogspot.com

kickn' pebbles said...

Carmen, I love you! Your blog is very brave and you are awesome! I agree weight is a lousy thing to let control us be we do. All of us in some way. I am going to enjoy reading your blog and following your success. I too have goals of getting healthy this year and blogging more, you are now my inspiration!