Monday, February 15, 2010

I Survived Valentine's Day

I survived (as in didn't eat) the special Valentine's day cookies at church, the homemade cream puffs at my friend's house, and the heart shaped chocolate at work.

Today is day 8 of the no sugar, no grains, no bad fat eating plan. I'm finally over the head aches and overall sick feeling I was having much of last week. I feel good. I bought more food for this week and hope to try some new recipes. I tried to make chocolate macaroons this weekend but the after taste (I think from Stevia) pretty much ruins them. I attempted pancakes last night. Whole Foods does not sell coconut flour though so I ground coconut in an effort to make flour...it didn't really work and the batter didn't have the consistency of pancake batter so I added in whole wheat flour.

My biggest 'splurge' of the weekend were the several scoops of Skippy peanut butter (Skippy has sugar) one of which included some chocolate chips. I'm not beating myself up about these things because I think if that's my only bad food choice in a week...I'm doing much better than I was before starting this plan.

I'm a little bit concerned that I am not eating enough veggies and I know I am not eating enough 'meals' throughout the day...something to work on.

Weight: 228

Bad Food Choices: not eating enough veggies

Good Food Choices: Not eating all the Valentine's stuff.

Activity: Here's where I'm really struggling. I have not started the surge training yet (when I do I'll tell you all about it) and basically am just not working out. I went for a walk Saturday morning but that is not enough exercise to cover the whole weekend. I really need some motivation in this area. I think choosing a new gym, close to my home will help but I'm struggling with what gym to choose...the Y or Villa Sport.

Emotional Step: I unpacked some more boxes this weekend and found a box of old journals. I found one that was specifically about an eating and exercise plan I was on at the time. While on that plan I lost 27 pounds and then it just ended and after several blank pages was the next entry written months later and in the entry I was frustrated because I was back at my old weight. That journal was from 2005. Part of me is scared that this eating plan could end up the same way. The part of me that stomps on the scared part and lives in confidence that this plan could lead to victory...I confess is also scared but scared that I'll never again get to eat some of the foods I love. I have struggled with my weight for so long. I just need something to work and stick and have victory over this.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Join Villa Sport.

I PROMISE you, Carmen, you won't regret it. It will be MORE than worth your money. You WANT to be there because it's so nice. You WILL work out more. Guaranteed.

I think that based on your new goals, joining that gym is the best thing you can do.

Good job!!! (Hope to see you at the gym soon. If you want to come with me to check it out, let me know!)

Becky said...

P.S. I love how honest you are being here. It's very refreshing.

Sarah said...

I was afraid of not being able to keep up with a diet, too, which is why I decided to do something that I know I can do for the rest of my life. I think you are on the right track, the more your "flesh" is beaten down and your Spirit is lifted up you will continue to gain freedom! One day at a time, girl. You are MORE than a conqueror!!