Monday, March 1, 2010

Surge Training

I'd like to say I started this day 1 when I started eating what I was supposed to. But I was so tired, I wasn't working out at all and even the thought of working out made me want to crawl under a blanket and sleep.

So last week Thursday, I finally did the surge training on the elliptical...here's what it is:
  • 40 seconds as hard as I can go
  • 40 seconds recovery
  • 40 seconds on
  • 40 seconds recovery
  • 40 seconds on
  • 3 minutes of recovery
  • repeat the whole thing 3 times.

I have to admit I really liked the surge training. It does not have to be done on a machine it can be as simple as running in place or body weight squats...but something in my brain draws me to using a machine and the elliptical is the easiest to speed up and slow down with.

I've decided to have my thyroid checked at my next physical. I just want to make sure that my weight struggles and yucky emotions aren't stemming from something medical. We'll see what happens I guess.

Weight: I couldn't bring myself to check this whole weekend because I knew I was eating a lot of crap.

Bad Food Choices: 1/2 gallon ice cream, eclairs, cereal, pizza, bagels, waffles, chocolate cupcakes, tortilla chips, cookies (this is everything bad I ate since Thursday).

Good Food Choices: I don't feel like I have made many in the last several days...

Activity: Went to the gym everyday except for Saturday.

Emotional: Still looking for ways to be good to myself to spite the fact that I feel guilty about some of my choices.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You up for spin class tomorrow?

Sarah said...

Hey sweet job getting to the gym everyday! And, I'm glad to know what surge training is. I might try that.