Friday, February 24, 2012

Trustworthy

It's only halfway through the day but since I decided yesterday that today's meditations would be on trust...I've been thinking on it since last night.

Jesus showed himself trustworthy by doing what he said he would do, matching his words and his actions.  It seems so simple and yet trust seems to be so easily broken and so difficult to repair.  Even though I would say that I trust God, my life doesn't always reflect that.  It's so tempting to do things on my own without even asking God for his perspective.  If trusting God presents challenges, trusting others is often one of the toughest things to do. 

For me, it's often leadership that I have the most difficulty trusting.  Leadership at work, in my church, in the government.  Too many times a leader has "fallen."  They didn't do what they said they were going to.  And then we question whether they can be trusted.

My prayers today (whispers to God under my breath and quick thoughts of scripture as I tackled a task) have been not just about trusting Jesus but trusting his placement of leaders over me. 

No comments: