Monday, March 5, 2012

Holy

Picking a new Jesus characteristic each day has been challenging...and then remembering what I might have meditated on in the last 6 days to blog about it has been equally as challenging.  While I didn't meditate on a characteristic every day since the last post, I know there were a few days that I did.  However, if I can't remember maybe the meditation isn't working very well to prepare my heart for Easter.

Sundays seem a little easier to meditate, probably because I hear something taught at church and can think/pray on that throughout the day.  This week we talked about humanity's need for MORE and how we selfishly do things to feed our own desires.  We seem to always need more...food, intimacy, stuff and I just kept thinking about how holiness.  My quest for more doesn't usually make me happier, it usually just makes me feel more inadequate and broken.  Maybe I should be more concerned with holiness than happiness.

No comments: