Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Book 7

So, I didn't actually read book 7, but listened to the audiobook in my car.  It was super funny listening to the author and his mother read the book, much more so than it would have been for me to read it.

S'Mother
By:  Adam Chester
Read By:  Adam Chester and Joan Chester

"The story of a man, his mom, and the thousands of altogether insane letters she's mailed him." 



Picked this audiobook up on a whim at the library.  I almost never laugh out loud in front of other people and rarely when I'm by myself either but I laughed out loud to some of the things in this book.  The author, Adam, tells his stories in a humorous sarcastic way, plus the letters his mom has sent him over the years are Crazy.  The advice she gave him (often out of no-where, and always unsolicited) wasn't even good advice.  Her paranoia came out in every letter, either about death, crazy family members (not including herself) or making sure Adam always knew where her will was and how much  money in insurance policies existed for him to cash in on.  If you've ever had a mother (or grandmother) who said and did things that just didn't make sense, then I think you might relate to this book.  I caution you against listening to it in the presence of children though as the Author does swear on occasion.

No comments: