Saturday, February 7, 2009

Because I want to be able to call myself a runner...someday

I joined the Colorado Running Company's running group this morning. I must say, I was a bit intimadated when I arrived and saw the other runners. They were real runners...spandex, Nikes and all, I felt like an imposter. But I was not about to chicken out...I knew it was a risk, but it was one I needed to take. Thankfully my friend, Katie came with me. I couldn't have done as well without her support. We 'ran' (with some walking too) 3 miles. No, I didn't run the whole thing but I ran more then I walked and I didn't let the 'real' runners intimidate me.

I think I'm on my way to being a runner...5K here I come. The group I ran with was so encouraging too, I don't know what I was afraid of.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Carmen! That took way more courage than I would have had! I am so proud of you!

John O said...

Thanks for taking a chance with the CRC group. We've all been in your position. Please come back.

Carmen said...

Thanks for the encouragement John. I do hope to return and really enjoyed the group on Sat.