Friday, April 3, 2009

Because She's Following the Lord

My friend Becky is leaving for Thailand tomorrow.


She's going to be there for 3 months. I think it will be a long 3 months for me...I really love spending time with her. We've been friends for around 5 years now and the thing that first brought us together was our love of missions. She was the missions leader of the young adult class I was in at church. It was like my 4th time attending the class and I thought 'I need to meet people, I love missions, I'm joining the missions team'. Thus starts an amazing friendship. We've shared a lot over the last 5 years.

I write about Becky today because I am extremely proud of her. I'm proud of her because she felt her life getting too comfortable and saw that the Lord was moving her on to something new. At the time she had no clue what that 'something new' was but she sold her house, let her job know she'd be quitting when she figured out the 'something new' and started her search for God's next thing for her. It's been several months of prayer, searching and wise counsel and the Lord has led her to Thailand.

Becky is an amazing woman of God. The organizations she will be serving with in Thailand will know that about her right away. I am fairly sure that God has some incredible experiences planned for her while she is in Thailand. I share with you my friend Becky's great adventure because I love her and I'm proud of her. If you want to follow along on her journey feel free to check out her blog (Becky...if you read this I hope you don't mind I passed your blog along, I love you!).

No comments: