Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Because Swine Flu Isn't the Only Killer

OK, I'm posting twice today. I get news updates sent to my email daily... mostly I scan the headlines, occasionally I actually read the articles. As you can imagine the hot topic right now is the Swine Flu.

While I am very sorry for Mexico and the little boy who passed away in Texas, ultimately I'm very sad that this topic gets so much news coverage while the thousands of children who will die of Malaria today won't be recognized in any news story.

And Malaria isn't the only killer either...

I like that Compassion considers these thousands of children news worthy and worthy of standing up for. I like that Compassion is Biting Back.

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Thanks for offering this perspective, Carmen.

I am thankful for the work Compassion is doing, and am glad to play a very very small part in that.

Becky said...

you are such a wonderful advocate for children and the perils that they can face. No doubt the Lord led you to Compassion and uses you there daily. I appreciate your perspective about the swine flu as I watch the short unfold on the other side of the world...
I love & miss you!
Becky