Sunday, May 3, 2009

Because Feeling Special is Great

It's my birthday. I have felt super special since Friday (people started celebrating with me early) and now as the actual day is coming to a close I just want to share a few of the ways I have felt blessed...something I never want to take forgranted.
  • Dear, wonderful friends surprised me with lunch and flowers on Friday.
  • My roommate planned a wonderful weekend in Breckenridge. (original plan was to hike...but with the amount of snow still there we should have brought snow shoes...we shopped instead).
  • 7 of my lovely friends spent their own money to join in on the Breckenridge birthday weekend.
  • We relaxed and followed no specific agenda (I love doing that).
  • We ate good food and good cake all weekend...I will likely not feel as blessed by that tomorrow when my body realizes just how much good food and good cake was eaten.
  • 39 people wished me 'happy birthday' on Facebook. Facebook makes birthday wishing easy but I still appreciate all of the well wishes.
  • My mom sang happy birthday to me on my voicemail.
  • My nephew wished me happy birthday and then claimed he wanted another birthday-to which my brother informed him he only gets one a year. He decided he wanted to watch a video instead.
  • I was able to take a free yoga class today and that makes any day better.
  • I received lots of calls (including one from Thailand), cards, emails and texts that reminded me of all the amazing friends and family I have.

I am blessed. This last year has had loads of ups and downs and thankfully God shows me daily-ways to keep putting my trust in Him. Though I'm not yet who He wants me to be and not quite where I want to be (or thought I would be at this age)...His plan is better than anything else I can dream or imagine, so I'll keep following Him.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Carmen! (A day late.) Let the celebrations continue. :)

Sounds like it was a great one!

Corinne Doughan said...

Happy Belated Birthday Carmen!! I'm so glad that God blessed you on your special day!!

Karyn said...

I wish I had been there. :( I am happy that your birthday was fab and I hope your week turns out just as fab as the weekend. :)

*carrie* said...

Glad you had a special b-day!