Monday, February 8, 2010

No Sugar, No Grains, No Problem

I'm trying something new.

I went to a seminar this weekend that teaches five essentials to a having a healthy disease free body and life. 1. A healthy mind 2. Proper nutrition 3. Healthy nervous system (the seminar was put on by my chiropractor) 4. Surge Training 5. Eliminate toxins.

Honestly, I have heard all of these things before in other seminars I've attended but something in me needed to try again. Something in me is so fed up with no progress that I NEED this to work. I'm taking the 30 day challenge...starting today.

First thing this morning I wrote down my Big Why (to glorify and serve God, sometimes difficult with my current lack of energy and motivation). I wrote down my new mantra "my body is a complex and intricate machine which craves hydration and healthy foods" and my goal as if it was already achieved. "I have lost 23 pounds!".

For the next 30 days I'm eliminating sugar, grains and processed foods (they contain toxins) as well as incorporating the surge training and my daily morning pep talk. I need the next 30 days to transform my body and my mind. I need something to change because I'm not headed in a good direction right now.

I'm pretty sure I won't feel good for a few days as my body goes through withdrawal. Currently I have a head ache and likely it is for lack of sugar in my system.

Weight Today: 232 (I went a little crazy yesterday knowing it was the last time for certain foods for a while.)

Bad Food Choices: None today. Tomorrow is over and I have moved on.

Good Food Choices: Following the strict eating plan, so it as so far been all god.

Activity: Tonight...treadmill and surge training.

Emotional Step: Morning pep talk...hopefully every morning.

2 comments:

andrea said...

awesome! but one question...what the heck ARE you eating? You need another post on that so we can get ideas! I feel like almost everything except meat and veggies would be off limits!

*carrie* said...

You can do it, Carmen!