Friday, March 19, 2010

5:00 AM Wake Up Call

Okay, I know I am not alone in this...day light savings time kicks me hard. So what better way to 'deal' with this lovely little 1 hour clock change, you wonder? If you thought...sleep more, you're probably right but I have chosen the less traveled path and chose 5:30 a.m. work outs. Surprisingly I have pulled it off 3 mornings this week. It hasn't been that tough to drag myself out of bed at 5:00 a.m. and as long as I do a lot of pre-work the night before I can be driving away from my house around 5:25. I kind of like it. I don't think I'll switch all my work outs to morning (I like working out with friends when I can) but maybe 3 times a week will be my magic number.

Now if I could just carry that discipline into the rest of my day...yesterday morning I ate donuts (as in plural but I won't tell you how many) and today I have eaten more chocolate than I can even keep count of (starting at about 9:00 a.m.). The kicker is, neither the donuts or the chocolate are anything to rave about...

One step forward, two steps back. I am totally aware of the fact that this is a journey, a very, very long journey and I need to take it a step at a time. But I need some 'victories' once in a while...

I never meant for this blog to become totally about weight loss but what ever is on my mind is what's on the blog and weight loss is on the mind, all the time.

But just for kicks, let me throw in something fun I have to share that is not related to weight loss. My aunt and uncle are right now in China picking up their new daughter, Jaylynn. They have been on this little adoption journey for 4 years and I'm so excited they are finally bringing her home. She is going to be such a blessing to our family. If you want to see more check out their blog (here).


2 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you!!! I miss being able to do the 5:30 workouts now that I don't like so close ...

Maybe we'll get good news today and I can start again.

*carrie* said...

Carmen,

Good job for faithfully working out, especially in the a.m.! Wow.

And congrats on adding a new little girl to the family!