Friday, March 12, 2010

And the Weight Wins Again

I feel like my weight and I are constantly in battle. I win some and the weight wins some. In my quest to give up sugar and grains and attempt to lose some of my enemy, the weight...my enemy won.

The 30 days are up and I did a pretty poor job of following what was supposed to be my big life changing, body-altering challenge. I had some of the strangest 'binges' I have ever had during this 30 day challenge and I ended up 1 pound heavier than when I started the 30 days. I'm a bit embarrassed, very defeated and feeling once again that I might never be able to do this.

I turn 30 in May and for the last year I have been set on jumping out of a plane for my birthday. I've been telling everyone and getting more and more excited. I just read all the information on-line from this one particular sky diving business and part way through I read that jumpers must weight around 215. There can be exceptions made but that's where the instructors prefer the weight to be. I'm 18 pounds over that right now. It's embarrassing...I don't want them to have to make an exception for me. I won't to have to go back to my friends and tell them why I'm changing my mind about my 30th birthday goal. I don't know if I can lose 18 pounds by May...I don't think I can. But I might try.

We're starting weight watchers at work next week and I signed up. The eating plan is much less rigid so maybe I can actually stick with it. I feel like I jump from plan to plan all the time...but I guess that's what I have to do to find what will work for me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think that you will love weight watchers! It's more of a lifestyle than a diet. We love it. Best of luck to you! You'll jump out of that plane yet!